- About us
- News Messages
- Optimization and Acceptance measurement of first Hungarian GSM-R radio access network
Latest News Messages
Optimization and Acceptance measurement of first Hungarian GSM-R radio access network
In a particularly complex technical and political environment, Clear CinCom helped Kapsch Carrier Com with the optimization and acceptance of the first GSM-R radio access network for the Hungarian railway operator MAV. Various verification, tuning and other activities related to the radio network were carried out on the service areas Main line, Shunting areas, Connecting lines, Indoor locations and a predefined bandwidth around the track zone.
The network is used for both voice and ETCS level 2 data, for which reliable access with a Quality of Service compliant to the international standards needed to be retained at normal operational and high travelling speeds. Full redundancy was achieved through an A-flex core network and BTS-R architecture comprising remote radio heads operating in both the GSM-R as well as the extended GSM-R frequency band.
The technical environment was complex, as the Budapest ring area is subjected to heavy interference from commercial public land mobile network operators (PLMN).
The political environment was complicated too, given the fact that it was controlled by multiple stakeholders. The national railway operator MAV, the infrastructure ministry NISZ, the Notified Body (NoBo) that was to ensure international certification for cross-border transportation, the EU observer (the project was financed by the EU) as well as an independent engineering company were all overseeing the project.
More News Messages
- Clear CinCom presents unattended GSM-R probe solution with cloud-based analysis software
- CCC Suite Geo Reporting, a cloud-based solution for air interface RF analysis and reporting
- On-track verification of GSM-R EDGE EoG performance data
- Clear CinCom to deliver Nominal Cell Plan audit for GSM-R with unprecedented accuracy